Fortunately, Jade is very opinionated so there's not many things that we can write differently. Try to stick to the following:
- Use 2 spaces for indentation.
- Use 1 newline between chunks of code and 2 newlines between larger sections of code.
- Keep your code DRY. If there's a section of code repeated, create a mixin for it and reduce code bloat.
- Use block expansion when possible to keep your files shorter
- When an element has many attributes separate them onto individual lines with no commas at the end.
- Don't specify a value for attributes that are true or empty.
- Avoid inlining plain HTML. Keep your code legible.
- Keep as much logic as possible away from the Jade templates. Put it in a controller.
- Only use unbuffered comments. HTML comments bloat the code that gets sent to the client.